Tips for selecting resources:
- Background information: a book or eBook by searching the library catalogue
- Specific, foreground information: an article database is your best bet
What is a Database?
Any online resource that uses a search engine. Examples of databases are:
- Library catalogue which contains all of the resources (books, eBooks, journals etc.) subscribed to by the Library.
- Article databases that contain individual articles within a specific discipline. When choosing an article database, be mindful of the scope (type of information and date range) of the resource
- Collection of eBooks or eJournals online
- Citation indexes which allow you to track who cited specific articles or books